The Authenticity Gap
Strategic tool for brand and reputation management
FleishmanHillard and Lepere Analytics have partnered to create a new research methodology to help companies understand and proactively manage the ‘Authenticity Gap’ – the gap between audiences’ expectations and their actual experience of a company or brand. The research identifies nine drivers that shape perceptions of a company. The drivers can be tracked over time to monitor the organisation’s current authenticity and momentum against key competitors.
Authenticity Drivers (full statements)
- More committed to doing the right thing
- Having more consistent and stable financial and operational performance
- Communicating more frequently and credibly
- Offering products and services that are better value
- Taking better care of customers
- Innovating new and better products and services
- Taking better care of employees
- Contributing to society in a way that has a better impact on my community
- Taking better care of the environment
The nine driver framework is a proprietary methodology of FleishmanHillard, co-developed by Lepere Analytics and used under license.